Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This Will Make You Scratch Your Head

It's always nice when I don't have to think...when blog fodder is dropped in my lap.

My "old friend Harlan" - by the way if you type in "old friend Harlan" in quotes in Google it brings up my blog as the fourth listing - who gently corrects my numerous grammatical errors on my blog, sent me a couple of photographs which I find hysterical. They are shots of a brownstone in Washington D.C. .



That looks very pretty right? It's not too dissimilar to the Asian jasmine we have outside our church. However upon closer inspection there is a distinct difference.




Nature lovers can probably see what I'm getting at, but for those of you - like me - who are not well-versed in flora allow me to refresh your memory with the childhood rhyme: "Leaves of three, let it be." (Thanks, Chris).

That's right, that's poison ivy!

My old friend Harlan put it best I think when he called it, "passive aggressive landscaping."

We're far less subtle in Texas. We have pitbulls, shotguns, barbed wire...

Them city folk...ain't they somethin'?